Monday, April 6, 2009

April is the Cruelest Month

Today we had a spring snowstorm. I greatly dislike spring snowstorms, as they mostly bring disaster and sorrow. Today, I am without power, and it probably won't be restored until tomorrow afternoon. There has also been a devasting fatal accident today involving children. April is cruel. (Though I have to admit I didn't think of it until I saw it on other people's facebook statuses.) So, I'm hanging out in the library. I bought a book by James Thurber at the paperback store, and it is hilarious. I had read some Thurber before, but I had forgotten how good and funny he can be. I do enjoy his work.

We had chocolate cupcakes at work today, and I was reminded of my visit with friends this fall when we had chocolate cake for breakfast and listening to Bill Cosby's "Chocolate Cake" sketch. That is a wonderful memory.

This is going to be a busy month. I have so much to do, and I need to figure out what exactly is going on with my weekends. I also need to apartment hunt. Not looking forward to that, but I have gotten some good advice. It helps that I know people down there. :-)

I have my first play rehearsal on Thursday. Yay! Not many guys auditioned, so we are waiting for a male lead for the main play that I'm in.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad is great! Gives us chocolate cake! ;)

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Hey there, Brenna!

Hope to see you soon! When will you be this way?

We had snow here too, yesterday. Seems like we're back-tracking! Samuel was trying to convince me that it was only "raining" Sure looked like big frosty flakes, to me!

Invisible Man said...

I hate April snow storms too.

Today, on my way to work there were a lot of fire trucks, ambulances, etc. on my commute.

At one point, the car in front of me started swerving out of control, and luckily got past the icy section before they flew off the bridge. Still really scary though.

So sad to hear about the children in an accident though. That is never easy to handle.