Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tinkling of the Ice in My Champaign Glass Nearly Drives Me Mad

The title is a line from one of my plays.

I'm tired. I can't believe how busy April is, and I can't believe how absolutely quickly it is going, flying, zooming. I'm starting to get into rehearsals for the plays that I'm in. There's one I still haven't been contacted about, but my part is small, so it should be ok, though I'd like to see the script. I am having a great time with this, and I especially like the main play that I'm in. I get it better now that I've acted it out instead of just reading it. The guy I'm playing opposite is nice and it's just fun. It's just kind of crazy, and it is such an O. Henry story. I love it. :-) O. Henry is one of my favorite short story writers, along with James Thurber and Flannery O'Connor. (Sorry Tessa)

I'm getting kind of stressed with needing to search for apartments and get things together for IU. I have decided. I am going to IU this fall, but I need to register and find an apartment, and tell them I'm coming for sure... Sigh. And I really don't have the energy for it. I'm afraid that I may be getting sick, and that cannot happen. It just cannot. Not until after the plays anyway. I think the main thing is my sleep is a bit off. I didn't get to sleep in at all this weekend, and now I'm getting set on an earlier wake up schedule than I'd prefer. I also didn't get to recuperate from Easter too much, either, so it all adds up.

I would appreciate your prayers for these next few weeks.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Invisible Man said...

Definitely in my prayers.

Also, Bloomington is only 1.5 hours (or less if you speed..hehe) from my Grandma's. I really like that part of Indiana.