Thursday, April 30, 2009

What is it that impels me to tell you these things...?

The plays are eating up my life, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm having a lot of fun, though yesterday was hard. I didn't get home until 10, and I had my contacts in, which gave me somewhat of a headache, as they aren't adjusted for my astigmatism. I should have gone with the better, stronger ones instead of the dailies, as it makes more of a difference than I thought it would. Today was still very long, but it went better.

I learned something shocking today. Not all libraries have books! I met a guy who goes to a college that's library consists of a room with some documents and a hard drive to download other documents. I didn't realize that when I look for library jobs I should make sure that I will actually be working in a library with books housed in a decent sized building.

We have the regional Bible quiz this weekend in Indianapolis. Yay! That should be fun. It will be my last quiz, as I cannot go to nationals. I have to work. Sigh. I have had such a fun time coaching and working with the quizzers.

I should go. Things to do.

2 comments:

Ian said...

The first seminary I went to had a very small library- but it was very wonderful and ... romantic... in a sense. You don't necessarily need a thousand books to make a great library :-)... and the librarian loved her job.

Anonymous said...

do you remember that prank some people pulled I believe it was our freshman year about the library getting rid of books and only using MelCat?

I miss MelCat here :(