Wednesday, April 1, 2009

There's No Business Like Show Business

Well, I received a call today from one of the directors, and I am going to be in 4 of the 10 plays, with the lead role in one of them. I'm so excited! It's funny because the play in which I have the lead is not one that we read for at the audition. It sounds pretty good though, kind of like an O. Henry story. (Who, by the way, is one of my favorite short story writers. Highly recommended.)

Work is getting a bit difficult. I'm down to the really hard pieces, and they are getting difficult to research and even identify. I can't believe that I'm on the home stretch, 3/4 done. It's going to be hard to tear up the roots I've laid down and move on. I wanted to put down some roots, and I knew it would be hard, but it is worth it. I'm going to miss the church. And by church I mean the people, not the building. We are the church, who meet in a building. Also, I went to the women's ministry movie night and saw Fireproof. It was pretty good, though I can't really relate yet.

Blessings.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your roles!! YAY! More details, as you know them, please.
In terms of the transition...it's rough.However, as you know, you're not alone. And you're coming to such a wonderful place! You'll find a church family here too. Sooo excited you'll be here soon :0

Anonymous said...

my parents watched Fireproof over Valentine's Day weekend and my Mom said she cried (which is a rare occurence for her).

congrats on the plays!!!

MissF said...

Congratulations! That sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I was an ensemble member in a community theatre production of Hansel and Gretel when I was in high school - it was a neat experience. I really loved Fireproof, too. It was such a surreal experience to have the gospel so clearly portrayed in a movie theatre!

Tessa said...

hey! congrats on the plays!! that's really cool that you got the lead in one!