Saturday, August 22, 2009

Handkerchief Mousepad

We now have Internet in the apartment. The installer said it was his hardest job yet. The wires were all messed up and he was having trouble isolating the signal. Or something. All I know, is he finally figured it out, and I am grateful.

My parents came over today with the second load of things, so I have more unpacking to do. Ugh. I'm not a fan. We also bought and put together a desk, which went together rather smoothly. We had a good system. Dad was in charge of the directions and some assembly, Mom helped assemble, and I mainly handed out the screws, nails, etc. I did help with the other stuff as needed, though. We got the desk from Wal-Mart, and it is cool when you can see God in the little things. We almost turned around, as we thought we were on the wrong road, but we could not make a left due to long lines of cars. Continuing on the same road in the same direction, we found out that we were going in the right direction after all. Some may think it a coincidence, by I think we were getting a little extra help today.

I am going to check out an evangelical, non-denominational church tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. I checked out their website, and everything looks sound. They were very thorough in expressing their beliefs, and it seems like a fit, though paper and real life can be very different. So, we'll see. I hope the Lord shows me where He wants me to meet. Looking for a new church is so hard. I miss HFMC. But, maybe a change will be good. It is easy to become spiritually comfortable and complacent, and I hope that this transition will snap me out of that. :-)

1 comment:

jessica said...

Yeah for internet and traffic!