Monday, August 10, 2009

Jesus Savior Pilot Me

I had a good vacation visiting my relatives and friends and attending a wedding. I fit a lot into five days, and almost 1/5th of the time was spent in driving. Uff da. I'm still recovering. :-) But it was most definitely worth it.

I visited my grandparents and my aunt on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday, I went to the ice cream social at my grandparents' church, and I won a gift certificate to a Swedish restaurant. Swedish pancakes are quite good. :-) I then went to a friend's house on Friday. My future roommate came for a visit as well, and we went to a Mudhens' game. It was a lot of fun, and the Hen's won. On Saturday, I went to a wedding, which was beautiful. And then, I came home.

My first day of work will be this next Tuesday. I can't believe that I'm moving in a few days. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also nervous. It will be a very different environment than I'm used to. It will also be the first time that I will be living in an area big enough for public transportation. (Dial a Ride does not count.) Though that will not be the biggest change. :-) It will be interesting, but Lord willing, all will be well.

1 comment:

Kara said...

was it Stockholm Inn? I love that place. Best breakfast ever. If it wasn't, you should go there when you are next in Rockford.