Monday, August 3, 2009

Michigan Seems Like a Dream to Me Now (Kathy's Song, Simon and Garfunkle)

I hung out with Lynn today, which was fun. It was good to see her again.

I am doing a bunch of little things that come along with moving. Changing addresses, finalizing my schedules (class and work). I'm also preparing to visit people before I move again. It will be interesting deciding what to bring down with me. I think it will take more than one trip, especially with the furniture I'll need to bring. (bed, dresser, coffee table, etc.)

I still feel like I'll be going back to the dale later in the month. That's what I've always done in the past. It will be weird going to a new place and realizing that that period is over, for now anyway.

I am reading Dinesh D'Souza's book Notes to a Young Conservative. It's a good book and a good reminder that I am going to be in a different environment with its own set of challenges. But I am ready and excited. I don't know what's going to happen, but the Lord does, and I know that whatever happens, He will see me through and it's all for His glory.

2 comments:

Invisible Man said...

I really enjoyed that book when I read it. I wonder how I'd feel about it now. Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

good luck!

ahh, Letters to a Young Conservative, aka Hillsdale's "bible" ;)