Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hodge Podge

There is a hippie memorial in a small town 15 minutes away from where I grew up. Lynn and I saw it when we were walking around, "exploring" the town. I find it rather comical, especially when you read the placard and find out that the guy who had it built was not a hippie himself.

This was taken at the art fair. This is one of the flowers that I really liked, but I do not have hundreds of dollars to spend on art. Nor do I have a house to put it in. Sigh.

This is at the Michigan Museum. I was attempting a Rosie the Riveter face, but I just look mournful.
Another pic from the museum. Women's lib is serious business. No smiling.

This is one of the baby deer that were born on campus this spring. It is no longer this small and cute, but the mother and her "babies" still roam around. They were often seen around the library.

I have heard complaints every now and then that I do not post enough pictures. This is not a picture blog, though I will post pics once in a blue moon. Today is my blue moon.

I wish I could figure out how to post text at the beginning of the post, but it will not let me.

2 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

The faun is so cute!

If you want text to be at the beginning of a blog, you'll have to drag each and every picture down below it. I get very frustrated that every uploaded picture automatically goes to the beginning of the post. At least for me, they do.

Anonymous said...

yay Arcola! it was so good to see you :)