Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here's to You Mrs. Robinson

Bagpipe music feeds my soul. I had about an hour before the next bus, and there was a "4th Street Festival." I was completely spoiled with the art fair, so the "festival" wasn't that great, but there was a bagpiper playing, and it was wonderful. I sat and listened to him, and even requested a song. I asked for the Black Bear, as Dad always asks for that, but he wasn't quite sure about it, so I asked for Highland Cathedral. He wasn't in a kilt, but the music was still wonderful.

Angy and I just finished watching a very bad chick flick called The Holiday. I do not recommend it. It has some of the most messed up relationships ever. And the end doesn't give resolution. The best parts are a cameo of Dustin Hoffman, and Eli Wallach as the elderly screenwriter neighbor. Eli Wallach is an adorable old man. (He played the bad guy in The Magnificent Seven in his younger days.)

Church is having a pancake "breakfast" for the college students after the 11:30 service, so I'm going to the later service. Yay for free food, and I'm hoping to meet and connect with people. We'll see.

I have lots of reading to do tomorrow. Welcome to grad school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's good to hear about The Holiday, I've been curious about that movie...

Invisible Man said...

I would agree. That movie was not very good...

If you haven't seen it, you MUST rent "New in Town." It is amazing!


I'm so mad at myself. I meant to contact you two as I was down at my grandmothers in southern Indiana yesterday and most of today (Sunday).

I hope the rest of your holiday weekend goes well.