Friday, November 13, 2009

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

Realizing that you are the only person who can make decisions for yourself and taking complete responsibility for those decisions is a moment of true adulthood. The Lord revealed this to me this past week, and it has really been an epiphany. I am responsible for myself to God. I need to make sure that I am in the center of His will and doing what He wants. This does not mean disregarding other people's advice and opinions, but I am ultimately responsible to God for my actions, not to other people.

I'm back, I suppose. I figured the "sabbatical" would not last too long, but I didn't want people expecting a post that I wasn't going to write, hence the courtesy warning.

Three very good friends are coming this weekend and I cannot wait!

2 comments:

The Millers said...

hey brenna, just thinking about you; hope you're doing well! come visit good ol' oakland again sometime :)

love,
therese

Ancient Aunt said...

An excellent insight! Hang on to it!