Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh Western Wind, When Wilt Thou Blow

I love allusions. They make me feel like I am part of an "in crowd," and inner circle of knowledge that not everyone will pick up on, but that the author knowlingly snuck in there. And you read and recognize and and there is this sense of sharing a secret with the author. A "See, I know what you did there."

This weekend was very good. It was so nice to have friends over, but now comes the inevitable let down and the necessity of school work. Which I have been putting off horribly (what else is new) and is quickly approaching. Again, I seem to never learn. Oh well.

I am already looking forward to next semester. I will only have 3 classes, and my Mondays and Fridays will be free, but I will most likely have to work, though I'm hoping for Sunday/Monday off. I hope I will have more time to devote to volunteering, church, and making friends. I want to make a difference and do something outside myself. Being on my own is good, but it also means that it is very easy to be selfish and focus too much on myself.

I am really liking Bible study, and I hope that I can go on Thursday and also spend more time with people from that study. There have been a lot of social opportunities with the study recently, but I haven't been able to attend any of them.

I need to get back to homework. Ebooks. Oh the joy.

No comments: