Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Fight Will Be Where the Line is Drawn

I think my "cold" is actually allergies, and it doesn't seem to be going away. :-/ It's a pain, but I keep going. I went to mid-week salsa practice, as I missed on Monday. It was fun to be able to just dance, and I really enjoyed not having any "holes" in the circle. On Mondays there are always more girls than guys, and it's a pain, especially when we do moves with the whole circle that require a lead. Oh well. There is a fiesta next Friday, and I'm excited for it. We'll see how that goes. I just have to get through this week. I'm woefully behind, but I do not have the undergrad panic that I had at the dale, which is nice. Though it might be helpful as a kick in the pants to get cracking. :-)

I have finally found my study spot. It's in gov. docs. There is a reading room for materials from the outside storage building, and there is an old, wooden rolly chair that I sit in while I study. I'm glad that I found my area, as it's hard for me to study, especially research, just anywhere.

I found this quote in an article I looked at for my paper. The article is not helpful, but I like this quote: "The first thing you notice as the door is unlocked is the most wonderful smell--that intoxicating, exhilarating, overwhelming and irresistibly exciting smell of old dust and book leather. If I ever invented a women's fragrance, I would call it Old Books." "Tangible Artifacts," by Christopher de Hamel. :-)

I have so much to do this weekend and very little gumption to do it. I have been tired and having to look after my health (in more ways than one,) which has put me behind as well. Oh well, it will all get done. I feel that this is a theme with me, unfortunately. Always behind. But, one must keep on keeping on.

Blessings

No comments: