Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blessings in Unexpected Places

I have just been blessed by a Dell sales representative. I need a new computer, as mine just turned 6 years old, which is ancient in technology years, though it is still plugging away. So, I decided to buy a new one and ordered through Dell, as I was able to get a discount through my university. I had a friend help me out earlier this summer, and he showed me what computer to order. So, I found the same model, but the price was higher than I wanted. It was still in my price range though, so I ordered it. I could tell I was talking to a guy in a call center, probably in India or someplace, and I was slightly stressed and annoyed. I mentioned that I didn't need Microsoft Office, but it didn't seem like there was much I could do, so I ordered the computer. He just called me back and said he found the exact same computer, without Microsoft Office, for $100 less! I can't believe he checked and then called me back so that I could save money! I am so touched and blessed right now. God works in wonderful, unexpected ways.

In other news, my car is currently out of commission. Exiting a parking garage Sunday night, I was a bit over confident and did not get the corner right, so I hit the yellow concrete poles as I exited and dented my two passenger doors and knocked off my passenger side mirror. I was so embarrassed. I had to call the police and get a report written. The officer was very nice, and he said that I should go home and have a hot cup of tea, which was very good advice. And I did, as I believe in taking police advice. :-) So, Wild Peter has yellow racing stripes and dented doors. I am ok, and there is no front or back end damage. Only side damage. I have been in contact with the insurance and an autobody shop. The shop I chose has been really good so far. A guy came to my apartment to take pictures and assess the damage, and he then offered to pick it up when the parts come in!

Also, I finished up my internship with the puzzles today. I am looking forward to sleeping in. And only having 2 jobs. And catching up on life. Unfortunately, I need to bug my roommate for a ride to Kroger, as I am low on food, but hopefully it won't be too much of an inconvenience. I need to eat something and clean up a bit before my new roomie comes home.

Love and Blessings.

No comments: