Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Standing on the Promises

Classes started yesterday. The first day of classes always takes it out of me. I think my classes may be better than I was expecting. Except for cataloging. There really is no hope for that one. It is almost impossible to make cataloging interesting or engaging. It is important, but dry as dust.

There is another alum from the dale who actually lives in my apartment complex, so I had him and his roommate over, as well as the neighbor boys for blackberry cobbler and ice cream. It was a good time, though we were all rather tired. I think I'm getting a life again. I went out with my roomie and one of the neighbor boys on Sunday night, and I have plans for tonight as well.

I'm really going to try to have a game plan and manage my time well this semester. I know, you're thinking, "yeah, yeah, haven't I heard this before?". And the answer is: yes. Yes you have. But there is always hope. Also, there may be necessity, as I'm thinking about adding a second job, as my current one will end in December. I would appreciate prayers for a job, as well as my work load and sanity. :-)

I'm super excited, because in a few weeks, I have a Sunday off! And another week, I have a Saturday off. Crazy, and I'm very excited. I always work Saturday and Sunday, so it will be rather awesome to have off. Maybe I can actually go to lunch with people from church.

Things are going well, and I am trusting the Lord for this year. We'll see what He has planned.

No comments: