Friday, September 3, 2010

Lonely Goatherd

I got the instruction assistant position I applied for. It should be good experience, though very few hours.

I am finding it very difficult to start studying again. ergh.

The neighbor boys came by. They were going for ice cream. I have some already, but when they get back, we'll have an ice cream "party." No, it's not too late. :-)

I've been reading a book about prayer and Christian meditation. It's a good jump start for me. I don't agree with everything in the book, but it has some good insights, and it's making me think about prayer and meditation more and focus on my spiritual life more, which is good. It is due back tomorrow, which is a good thing, because there are holds on it, meaning that other people want to read it, but it's bad for me, as I'm not finished with it. :-( I have, however, picked up Brother Lawrence's Practicing the Presence of God and St. Ignatius' Exercises. These are classics of the faith, and I get them for longer, as they're from the university library.

I have a lot of things I'd like to accomplish and work on this semester. Big projects and such. I really need to get my priorities together and work hard to accomplish my big goals. Otherwise, they will just speed on by.

I'm going on a historical walking tour around campus with the archives group. The college archivist and professor of many of the archives classes is going to be leading it. He is an interesting fellow. I'm looking forward to it. :-)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay for IAing! Have fun :)