Monday, September 27, 2010

The Beautiful, Wonderful, So Good, Almost Perfect Day

Because nothing is completely perfect.

Yesterday, I learned how to wakeboard, waterski, and drive a tractor. I have a friend who owns a boat, and a group of us went out on the lake yesterday. It was really cold, but the water wasn't that bad. I had a few good runs, but more wipeouts. I was impressed that I was able to get up on both the wakeboard and the skis. I can't stand up that well yet, as I tend to fall over when I stand up. I am rather good at "butt skooting" on the skis though. :-) It's quite the workout. My legs gave out after my good run on the skis. It was freezing getting out of the water, but it was so worth it! Though it was cold, it was a beautiful day, and I really enjoyed getting out of town and seeing the countryside. I also found a conservative/libertarian friend. This is the most fun I've had here in a long time.

Also, I found someone to go with me to see Ron Paul later this month. Here's hoping I don't have to work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am envious of your awesome day.

Ancient Aunt said...

Glad you had such a great day! We did, too... went to the rendezvous at Fort Atkinson and enjoyed wandering the encampment, seeing friends, eating fry bread... There are so many things in this life to enjoy! Love, Your Ancient Aunt