Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love the 80s

I am currently watching Beauty and the Beast, which is a TV series from the late 80s. It is ridiculous and 80s tastic. Somewhat entertaining nonetheless. It's interesting to see the values and dynamics of the 80s. As well as the extremely outdated technology.

I got my computer today. And also logged a complaint. I very rarely call companies and complain, but I did today. FedEx left my computer outside my apartment, in between my doors. Anyone could have come by and taken it. It was supposed to be signed for, and they should not have left it unattended. The guy I talked to was very good and hopefully something will be done. If no one says anything, nothing will get changed.

I had a very good beginning of the week. The wedding was beautiful. They are an adorable couple, and I loved her dress. It was good to see people again and be home. It was so nice to be home with my family. I spent a lot of time with my dad, as Mom started school on Monday. And, Dad picked me up and dropped me off to and from home, as my car is still in the shop. It should be done on Friday. Hopefully! I really want to go garage saling Friday. Dad and I went to the state fair on Monday. It's kind of a tradition with us, though we haven't been able to go in a few years. I had traditional fair food. I usually eat at the Ethnic Village, but I can get good ethnic food here in town. I'm spoiled. :-) I was able to get a deep fried Snickers. My favorite. :-) I also had a huge turkey leg. I felt like a barbarian. We went to Conservation World and the exhibition hall. The places stay the same, but it is still fun to go and walk around.

Along the 80s theme, we watched the movie Next of Kin, which is a wonderful, cheesy 80s movie about hillbillys versus the mob. I love it! It has Patrick Swayze, Liam Neeson, Adam Baldwin, Ben Stiller, and Helen Hunt. An interesting bunch of big name actors. I never thought that I liked the 80s, but I'm finding them cheesy and fun.

I had a good break, but now it's back to life. Sigh.

No comments: