Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life is...Life

I have an interview for a position on campus. I don't think it will be many hours, but it will be good experience. I really need to start applying for more things. I don't want to, but that is not a valid excuse. I wish I wasn't losing my job in December. I'm going really going to miss working there.

My car is back! Now I have to take it to Midas, as the check engine light is on. Oh joy. It will give me some time to read and possibly look over my paper. It's hard to believe that school starts next week. I feel like I hardly had a summer. It went by so quickly.

I am making Mushroom Rugelach. I bought the ingredients and needed to make it before the mushrooms went bad. It's from the New Blue Ridge Cookbook. Hopefully it turns out well. My roommate made roast the other night, and it was so good and tender! She also made the creamiest real mashed potatoes I've ever had. So good!

A friend from the dale is living in my apartment complex. I met him at the bus stop yesterday morning. I'm hoping to have him and his roommate over sometime, as well as the neighbor boys. It's getting busy here again. There are a lot of new people here, and I remember what it was like for me last year. I want to be welcoming and open to people. I know we'll have new people at church, as well as in classes. I am glad, however, that I know the ropes a bit. I'm just now starting to feel like I somewhat belong here.

I feel like I have half a million little things (and some not so little things) to do. I accomplished some things yesterday, but not enough.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Hope your job search goes well! I just was reading over a grant that was for the library science program calling for internships in "Digital Humanities." Not quite up your alley, but it made me realize all the different options you have.