Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Communist regimes are perfect. People are perfectible. That's why they can make their coaches sign contracts that state that their athletes will never get injured. That's why they can refuse to let a little girl sing in front of a crowd and put a cuter lip syncer in her place. That's why they bulldoze house churches and arrest pastors and evangelists. If you make enough demands, if you get rid of the people who are causing trouble, if you get rid of the "diseased" of society, then things will be perfect. I despise China. And fear them. That regime is so ridiculous and scary in its skewed logic and "crimes against humanity" better known as terror tactics. And they have the biggest population in the world and a booming economy.

I made soup today. Greek soup with orzo, eggs, chicken broth, and lemon. It was pretty easy and tastes ok. I'm not sure about the lemony taste. I used lemon juice instead of a fresh lemon. The recipe was out of my new ethnic foods cookbook that I got from the Dawn Treader. It was compiled by Community High School in Ann Arbor.

I cannot find matzo meal. I want to make matzo balls. I'm going to try the natural food store. Maybe they'll have it. There is obviously not a large Jewish population in this area. I did find a mix for matzo balls and soup in Market House, though. But I don't want instant matzo balls. I want to try to make my own.

Moroccan history is rather interesting.

Wisdom literature is not a good foundation for theology, but it makes good trimming.

I want to make cookies. But I should make zucchini bread instead tomorrow because I have a zucchini. I believe the housekeeper/janitor left us some produce yesterday, and that's what I snagged. I left the peppers for more adventurous eaters.

1 comment:

Emily J said...

I did read that article, and while it was nice to see, I also read the article it linked to (to some British magazine). Men may complain about women being too insecure about their bodies, but if you read the comments for the British article, a lot of women talk about how they had lost weight (by exercise, diet, or a medical misfortune) and a lot more men were noticing/approaching them, and men will leave comments that basically negates what the article was saying---apparently when men say they like "curves" that basically means "breasts."