Monday, August 25, 2008

They're Back

I had a wonderful weekend. Friday wasn't too hot, but Saturday and Sunday were. Friday was faculty/staff meeting where the president spoke and proceeded to freak me out about world events like the war in Europe and the situation in Iran. I then went to the faculty/staff dinner which was supposed to be in the arb but was in and around the music building due to the weather. It was hot and muggy and though I did know people, I wasn't necessarily overly comfortable or close with them. But, it was a good meal.

Saturday was the Free Fest with the church which is essentially a carnival to let the community know that we are here and we care. It went over very well and I had a good time serving food and working the football toss game. Sunday was of course Sunday school and church, which was good, as always. The sermon was about having a hope of something better than this world. It was a big encouragement to me. I have something to look forward to, not to fear. It reminded me a lot of my dad because he often talks of the hope of heaven and being disillusioned with this world. Then, I worked 3 hours at the library because it was freshman move in. Handed out a lot of applications and answered questions. After that, I raced to Wal-Mart and then back home to throw together an oriental salad for the church potluck at the pastor's house. I had such a good time there. Just talking with people and sitting outside under the cool shade of trees. I am so blessed. And I miss two friends, as do others members. They've been asking.

I need to plan some meals and then run to the store. I'm afraid it will be Wal-Mart, as that's what I'm most familiar with.

I also hope to meet up with some college friends tonight. The first three weeks were not bad, but now I feel like I am surrounded by peers and I don't belong anymore. I don't share in their experiences. It's kind of weird. But I like my life right now, and I don't miss papers or having homework hang over my head. I leave my work at work.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I miss everyone at church too, esp. the WAH-tolas. Tell them hello for me.

Anonymous said...

good ol' Larry P. ;)

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Brenna, you fall into the faculty/staff category!!! Of Hillsdale College!!! That is the coolest thing ever!!!