Friday, August 1, 2008

Starting My New Adventure

I am back here, sitting in my shared living room with my "landlady." More of a friend, really. I don't get wireless access in my sitting room, but I do in the living room/dining room area. It is hard to believe that I am going to be here for a whole year. I was getting excited on the way up here, especially with the sunshine after the rain shower.

Last night my parents and I went to Stoney's, which is a restaurant in the bustling metropolis of Dalton City, population 600. It was surprising to find such a nice restaurant in such a podunk town. One of Dad's co-workers plays in a country band and he and the female singer play at Stoney's every Thursday. They were quite good. They played a lot of country western, which is Dad's favorite, though they did some modern country too. The entertainment was good, and so was the food. I don't think that I've been to such a nice restaurant. It is a very good steakhouse, with things like frog legs, chicken livers, and calamari on the menu. I ordered the crab cakes, which were very good, as was the twice baked potato. Then, the waiter brought out a tray of desserts. Oh, I wish that I would have had room! The gooseberry tart looked quite good. And, it was all hand made because they have a pastry chef. The one down point was the fact that my brother could not come with us, as he had to work overtime.

I have errands to run tomorrow and a lot of unpacking to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck getting settled! :)