Sunday, August 10, 2008

A lovely weekend

I had a lovely weekend in Ann Arbor visiting with friends. We got in about 7 or 7:30 PM and then went out to eat at Jerusalem Gardens, which serves Middle Eastern food. We ordered a pot of Turkish coffee, which was very good and unique, and were then wired for the rest of the night. :-) Good food, good friends, good conversations. Stayed up late. Then, in the morning we had chocolate cake for dessert. And listened to Bill Cosby's sketch on feeding his kids chocolate cake for breakfast while we ate it. So good and so funny! I think it is on youtube if you want to listen to it. We then walked around downtown, went to the Dawn Treader and 10,000 Villages, ate Thai food, and then saw a production of West Side Story that night. A full weekend, and so good to see everyone again. Weekends are hard if you don't have anything to do.

Second week of work, here I come.

3 comments:

Angy said...

Sounds like fun.

Your letter was waiting for me in my new apartment when I arrived here yesterday - thank you so much! I wrote down your address, but I'm not quite sure where the post office is yet.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

it was great seeing you dear!

Invisible Man said...

It was great to see you all! I had a blast. Hope the dale is treating you well.