Saturday, January 31, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

I got accepted to IU! (Indian University, Bloomington) Now I have a lot to think about. I had a wonderful time with my friend, and I received a thorough introduction to life as a SLIS student. (School of Library and Information Sciences). Finding out that I was accepted was definitely one of the highlights. I also had a good talk with the assistant director of the Lilly Library, and I believe that I want to pursue special collections/rare books and/or archives. And, IU is probably the best school for that. There are positives and negatives, though, so I haven't decided and I'm not really leaning one way or the other right now. I'm just waiting to see if I'm accepted to the other schools. And if I get a graduate assistantship. That would be very helpful.

4 comments:

Invisible Man said...

That's awesome! Congrats! Hopefully you get the assistantship and maybe some more offers. :)

Hope the rest of life is going well.

Angy said...

Hurray!

I'm obviously biased, but I really want to go to IU with you!

Go Hoosiers! (Actually, my dad is a Boilermakers fan...I think he'll still forgive me.)

George and Krista said...

Hey Brenna,

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I guess I thought you were going down there next weekend. Glad you had a good time. Have a great week!

K~

Anonymous said...

congrats (sorry-I-just-saw-this)!!!