Friday, January 9, 2009

Make Your Life a Little Random

I was going to be curmudgeony, but I am feeling more upbeat now that I do not have to be at the church at 5:30 tomorrow morning. There is a quiz meet tomorrow, but we are not going due to the weather. This is the third meet that I've missed, so I'm bummed about that, but I am very glad that I get to sleep in.

Yesterday I met the director of the library here in town and interviewed her for a grad school essay. She is so nice and funny. I want to be a librarian like her someday. It's sad, but that's also the first time I'd been to the public library. Though, I don't really need it, as all my library needs are met.

Grocery shopping is fun if you don't stick to your list. I go with a list, but I also browse the aisles. Need buying is not that fun, but if you stick in some cool stuff, then it's not so bad. For instance, today I bought blood oranges and coconut milk. I planned to buy the blood oranges, and I impulse bought the coconut milk. I had, however, seen a recipe that required coconut milk, so I thought it would be good to have on hand. I am very excited about the blood oranges. I can't wait to try one.

This week went by very quickly. Now that there is no quiz, I have time to write papers tomorrow and I can take it a bit more easy tonight. And stay up later. :-)

Oh, and my glasses are back, and I'm happy. I was wearing my contacts, but they were straining my eyes. That and a culmination of not enough sleep meant that yesterday was not a very good day. Today was much better.

2 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Ohh, I remember missing events due to snow. I had at least 4 snow days at Hillsdale Prep last winter. Maryland seems like the balmy south.

Laura and I decided today that after four years (and really five, counting this year) we still like snow. We absolutely loved it our freshman year and decided to see if that love continued.

I bought an enormous grapefruit last week on impulse. I am going to go eat it now!

Rachel said...

MMm...coconut milk :) I like putting it in rice, with a tomato bean sauce over. Enjoy! And see you sooon :)!