Friday, March 5, 2010

Answer to Prayer

I have a roommate for next year! One of the girls I met in Bible study and is also in my program was also looking for a roommate. I think we will get along well. I was a little worried, but I knew that the Lord would provide, and He did. I'm so glad that I didn't have to send out an e-mail to the listserv or post a classified ad.

I am also apparently a mold magnet. It is a blessing and a curse.

There is a lot going on this weekend. I don't know when I'll have time for homework. Guess I'll have to make time, as I have an assignment due Monday. There is a small archives conference on campus tomorrow (Saturday). I'm looking forward to it. Then, Bible study is having a girls night, which I'm also looking forward to, and I need to bake cookies for. (Which also means I need to buy butter.) Then, I have to work on Sunday due to a meeting, and then I'm going to an Oscar's party with my friend of the same name. Busy busy. At least this proves that I have a social life. :-) I met one of the girls from out of town who is coming to the conference, and she seems really nice. We had a pre-conference get together, and they came late due to the time change and long drive up, but I'm looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow. I hate to say networking, as it can often have a negative, self-serving connotation, but I'm hoping to network in a good way. Meet new people.

I watched Quigley Down Under last night. It is a very good western, one of my top rated. :-) I realized as I watched it that it is one of the few westerns that actually focuses on the female. They actually developed the female character, and she is one of the reasons that you watch the movie. And the love story part is different from the other movies. Crazy Cora has to come to grips with her past before she can be with Quigley, and he in turn needs her, as he is a loner. Augh, it's hard to describe, but it's very good. My favorite Western coupling, however, is, by far, John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. They are wonderful together. (Quigley Down Under is a Tom Selleck movie, btw)

Any whoo, I'm tired. Night.

2 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Maybe I'm missing something because I'm tired, but how is it a blessing to be a mold magnet? :)

Rachel said...

So glad you found a roomie :) And best of luck conferencing today. You're in my thoughts.