Friday, March 19, 2010

Priorities

Well. I missed the bus and am currently stuck on campus for another hour. It came 7 minutes early. I had a tip from the bus driver as I rode in that I should get there about 5 minutes early, as the night driver is notoriously early. I thought I had given myself enough time, but as I headed toward the stop, I heard bus brakes. I ran down the steps and saw it pulling away. I was running and yelling "Wait, noooo," and there was one guy at the the stop to witness my plight/theatrics. Sigh. Oh well.

I've been trying to gather research for my paper due next month. I'm writing it on the use of objects/artifacts in special collections. I think it will be really interesting, but I'm having some trouble finding sources. Also, I've never written a paper like this before. I'm used to getting a ton of books, finding primary sources, a few articles, and amassing a huge stack of notecards with quotes and summaries. This, however, is not a history paper. It's mainly going to be all articles, as I don't think there are many books on the subject, and any primary sources will probably be from interviews. I really need to talk with my prof and the librarians at the special collections library to get some better direction.

This weather has been absolutely intoxicating, and I heard it's supposed to snow on Sunday! I hope not. They have planted pansies all around campus already, and I don't want the flowers, buds, and shoots to die. I'm ready for spring.

I do not particularly like working over spring break, and I'm starting to slightly freak out about stuff I need to do. I'm never as productive as I plan to be over break. I did have a good weekend with my family though. I also had a good time catching up with a friend. It was so nice to just hang out in a coffee shop and talk.

So many things to do. I really dislike being overwhelmed. Last year was so nice in that I didn't have to worry about as many things. I didn't have papers hanging over my head (other than grad school apps), and though I had the stress of figuring out what I was going to do for grad school and such, it was rather less complicated. I did watch way too much TV though. :-) I really miss people from the dale. I've been missing my church again, and I miss the community theater and the college. Last year was hard, but it was also good.

Oh, last thought. I found out what happens if you leave butter on top of the stove and the oven is on. It melts. No more butter. I should probably run to the store when I get home. :-(

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Laughed out loud at the butter lesson :)

I hope that you'll also look back on this year as good too, hard as I know it has been. I also hope you know I'm here for you when it is tough, and hope you can see the community that is here and yours now.