Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Weekend of Culture

It's been a full and stressful week, but the weekend is going wonderfully. Though I'm not getting any school work done, which is not good. I need to get my RBMS scholarship in and also fill out another application. I then need to do my homework for representation and organization and work on my research paper. I now have my own carrel in the library, which is exciting, though I'm not too fond of studying in a place without windows. I can check books out to my carrel, so if I have a lot of books, I won't have to lug them around, which is why I checked out the carrel in the first place. :-)

I went to a poetry night with a friend last night and then she and I hung out at a coffee shop and talked. It was a fun evening, and it was good to go to a poetry reading again. I haven't done that since undergrad. There were several different people who read, and it was all good, but I especially liked the last lady. Her poems were more like stories, and the first one was hilarious! I'm going to see Into the Woods tonight with the same friend and two other people, which should be fun. I haven't seen the whole play before, only some of the 2nd half. A weekend of culture: just what I need right now. :-)

I'm hoping I can go to my grandparents' house for Easter, but I'm not sure if I will be able to make it. It's a long drive, and I'm afraid that even if I vow to work over the weekend, there is no way it will happen. We'll have to see how much progress I make this week.

No comments: