Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday, Here Comes the Week

For those of you who were wondering, no, I am not confused on this issue. :-) I do, however, find it ridiculous when even the application is liberal/politically correct. It's an application, it should be neutral. Sigh. Oh well.

The holidays are still crazy. I have a Christmas lunch tomorrow with the library and a Christmas dinner with the college on Wednesday, both of which I'm looking forward to attending.

We did Bethlehem Marketplace with church this weekend. They are going to switch it to every other year, but I'm glad that I got to do it this year. We recreate the town of Bethlehem. I was the "spice girl," that is, I sold spices. I was right next to the governor's "palace" and close to the slave trader and the jail. It was fun talking to the passing centurions, who were skeptical about the Messiah. People bought things from the vendors to give to the baby at the end. It was rather fun. I also got to burn incense, though I ran out and couldn't burn any today. I think the sellers on the other side missed it, as the donkeys were a bit strong smelling. :-) Sadly, the goat did not give birth this year. That was so cool last year to see the new little kids. Goats are so cute.

Church and Sunday school were good today, that is, convicting. There is so much that I don't understand about God and His love, but I'm so glad that God loves me and hasn't given up on me.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should do a Marketplace around Eastertime and have Jesus overturn tables an' everything. ;)