Monday, December 1, 2008

I just finished a personal statement essay for grad school. Whew.

I have two governors. Blagoyevich is depriving his citizens of their historical and cultural heritage, but Granholm might possibly deprive her citizens of their lives. She has decided to cut spending for...plowing and salting. Now, Michigan is a northern state. We get a lot of snow. Less plowing and salting = bad = dangerous. The local city government has cut funding as well, so it might get a bit interesting around here.

I thought I had more to say. I guess not. I ate good Nigerian food over break. And watched a lot of The Closer.

Oh, I also bought a down comforter! I got spoiled in the nice hotels I stayed at and started to desire a down comforter. So, we braved Black Friday and I found a real down comforter, as well as a cool pair of argyle tights and a cute tunic shirt that reminds me of an afghan from the 70s. :-)

Love and Joy

2 comments:

Invisible Man said...

You are much braver than I am. I stay far away from shops on black Friday.

I'm somewhat scared about the whole salt/plowing situation. I have to commute on busy streets and I've already dealt with a few TERRIBLE black ice spots (on main roads!!). Hopefully it won't take people dying for the politicians to change their minds...

Anonymous said...

congrats on the personal statement! those were such pains to do: write about your entire college career in 1-2 pages! :P